If you’re a parent of a teenager or young adult, I tip my hat to you, as guiding them through their ever-widening worlds while respecting their needs for independence is no easy task. Fortunately, when it comes to car safety, a little knowledge can go a long way. Here are a collection of articles of best practices related to teen and college-aged drivers. You’ll find my latest recommendations for which kinds of vehicles to choose (and avoid), and why, and even more importantly, how to influence their driving habits to increase their odds of becoming as safe behind the wheel as Mom and Dad…in time, of course.
How to choose the right vehicles for teen drivers
- The Safest Used Cars for High School and College Teens in 2017
- Small Car Safety: The Safest are Safer than Large SUVs
- The Safest Affordable Used Cars for Teen Drivers, 2016 Edition
- The Financial Realities of Choosing A Safe Used Car for Your Teen Driver
The risks of teen drivers and how to influence safe driving habits
- Double Your Driving Safety by Cutting Your Annual Mileage in Half
- How to cut your risk of dying in a car crash by 50% overnight
- Two Big Reasons Why Lower Horsepower is Safer for Teen Drivers
- How Dangerous are Senior Drivers Compared to Teenagers?
- The Most Dangerous Drivers in the US:16-29 year-old Men
- When Should Your Teenager Get a Driver’s License? Not Before 18!
- Why Are Norwegian Drivers Safer Drivers Than Americans?
Explaining the dangers of speeding to teen drivers
- Why Higher Speed Limits Decrease Safety, Increase Deaths
- Pedestrian Fatality Rates Increase with Speed, So Don’t!
- How To Survive a Head-On Collision – Slow Down (to below 43mph)!
- Vision Zero: Which speeds make car crashes unsurvivable?
- Speeding IS the Magic Bullet (for Safe Driving)
If you find the information on car safety, recommended car seats, and car seat reviews on this car seat blog helpful, you can bookmark and shop through this Amazon link. Canadians can bookmark and shop through this link.